Sunday, March 24, 2013

A Year of Drawing Day 4 & 5

I decided to go "woodland cute" this weekend with my drawing. I think Alisa Burke's Whimsy & Wonder E-course inspired this set of drawings. It's a sketchbook approach to creating whimsical drawings. My sketching skills are something I really want to improve on so, this class was perfect. I will say if you want to learn to draw a specific thing, that is not how Alisa teaches. She gives you ideas and shows what she does but she does not show you step by step how to draw specific things. The drawings she made for this course are not intimidating though. If you draw a little and like to draw from imagination, this course is wonderful.

 

 

 

 

One thing I have definitely learned is that I am a paper snob. I have to use Strathmore Mixed Media paper if I want to do watercolors. Alisa uses cheaper paper and doesn't mind the buckling. She even irons the paper after it dries. The buckling drives me crazy. I have to use the good stuff. Strathmore has a few mixed media journals and their paper holds up very well.

Oh, and just an FYI. I have a big announcement coming this week! Stay tuned!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment