Monday, November 14, 2011

AEDM- Monoprint Papers With Gelli Arts

I was able to do some creating today while my kids were visiting Nana and Pop Pop. I found a wonderful product from Gelli Arts. It's basically a gelatin plate without having to make it at home.

All you need is acrylic paint, a brayer, a variety of stencils, texture making materials, foam stamps and paper and you can have a paper making party!

I rolled out a couple of colors on an acrylic sheet (you can use a paper pallet or roll it on the Gelli Plate)

Then I put a variety of things down on the plate to create texture

Then I laid the paper on top. Gently rubbed around. Lifted the paper off to reveal my print. You can do this several times to create more layers and interest.

Here are the papers I made today. I used solid color scrapbook paper, crumpled tissue paper and plain copy paper.

Click here to see more about this product. It's lots of fun to use! I have also done this technique on the shiny side of freezer paper instead of the Gelli Plate with my kids. (if you want to try some monoprinting and can't wait for the Gelli Plate to be delivered to your door)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you got a lot done. These look great.So happy you had some creative time and were abe to be alone with your ceative thoughts.

    ReplyDelete