Wednesday, November 23, 2011

AEDM- Alton Brown, Thanksgiving Day Hero!

Cooking the perfect turkey is an art.  Ask anyone who has had a dry turkey!  The secret is in the brine, baby!  I learned all about brining from Alton Brown.  I'm a big fan of Alton Brown. He is the host of Food Network's Good Eats.  The show explores the science of cooking with a very fun and often silly flare.  He has a great episode on cooking the perfect turkey. I followed his recipe to the letter last year and it was the BEST TURKEY we ever had!  This year I'm only cooking the breast but I am still brining. The brine insures a juicy turkey. You can see Alton's recipe here. You can also check YouTube for the Alton Brown brining video! 
 
Salt, spices and an iPad help me make the perfect turkey. 


1 comment:

  1. The photo of the salt and pepper is so great I loved it as soon as I saw it. No cooking this year. My turn next year.

    Alton Brown is the best.

    ReplyDelete