Friday, August 15, 2014

Make Art That Sells Bootcamp: Nautical Assignment

The last two assignments of MATS Bootcamp really helped me realize what art brings me joy. This blog post is about the nautical/ship in a bottle assignment. I went crazy drawing icons for this assignment. I think these are the most I've done for any of the MATS assignments. I drew ships, bottles and loads of sea creatures. The final piece had to be a square piece of wall art.

I ended up creating two pieces. The narwhal was the one I submitted.

I also made this cute octopus.

Both of these pieces are available in my Etsy shop. I plan on making more paintings or patterns from all my drawings. Creating characters is what I love to do most and this assignment reminded me of that.

Thanks for stopping by!

 

2 comments: