Sunday, August 14, 2011

Wading In

I have decided to enter the world of blogging and chronicle my creative journey.  I am a married, stay-at-home mom who "used" to be an artist.  Like many other moms/wives before me, life changed when I took on those roles and Lynda the Artist faded into the background.  I never forgot her, I just didn't really have time for her.  There were (and still are) so many demands on me,  she's been wanting to come out and play again and I think it is time.  Unfortunately, I am a bit out of practice in being creative and I have so many interests!  Thus, the concept of this blog.  Some study somewhere that many experts have quoted, claims it takes 21 days to form a habit.  I have decided to choose one creative interest for 21 days and explore it.  I have to make the time to do it every day, even if it's for 10 minutes.  Then, when those 21 days are up, I will move onto another interest.  My hope is this dedication will get me into the habit of creating every day and that I will find my creative voice.  Please, join me on this journey.  Let's see together where it leads.


Here are some images of my interests:  painting, photography and collage.



Halloween Cat- this is actually a hand painted photograph, something I love doing.



The Eiffel Tower

Yellow Bug on Yellow Lily



Red Collage I did for a class









No comments:

Post a Comment