Wednesday, December 18, 2013

My New Favorite Book

I love art books!  I find them so inspiring. This is my newest fav, Print & Pattern Kids.

It is over 300 pages long and it is filled with a variety of artists who license their work. Since I would love to license my art for children's products this is the perfect book for me to study. Here are a few of my favorite pages. The artists' names are on the photos so you can Google them.






I find myself drawn to colorful patterns with cute characters. I like the whimsical style and the hand drawn feel. These artists work on their computers but I don't feel these images have the flat/perfect vector feel. I see a lot of potential with merging my art with the computer. I just have to work on those computer skills!

You can find the book here

You can find the Print & Pattern Blog here. Talk about eye candy!  If you haven't checked it out, you must!





No comments:

Post a Comment