Tuesday, November 27, 2012

My Artistic Children

A continuous inspiration to me are my kids. I've tried to encourage their artistic interests without pushing too much. I show them some techniques but I mostly let them explore. What they come up with just playing around amazes me. I pretty much find myself saying "Why didn't I think of that?"

 

Some of Caitlyn's work. She's 3 1/2. She loves painting next to me.

 
 

The animal above was a collaborative effort between Caitlyn and me.

Below is my son Evan's work. He'll be 5 in a few weeks. He likes to draw funny characters.

 

 

The above bunnies were also a collaborative effort. Evan did the paint streaks and I thought they looked like two bunnies embracing.

It's so much fun creating with my kids. They aren't critical. They just create and when they are done, they're done. It's wonderful!

 

1 comment:

  1. I love these creations! I still love looking back at my daughter's younger art and I just melt. Did you know there is a site that can take your child's drawing and make it into a stuffed animal/person? I found it on Pinterest I believe.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete