Thursday, November 8, 2012

Art Retreat Fun

Last weekend I had the opportunity to attend Tracy Verdugo's Paint Mojo in Saluda, NC. Twelve of us went there to learn Tracy's intuitive painting techniques. It was a wonderful experience. I learned so many things and made some amazing friends. I can't wait to incorporate everything I learned in this class into my art.

Here are some photos from the class. I didn't complete any of the paintings but I will be working on them!

We started with making lots of marks and paint dripping and transitioned it from this.

 

To this...

 

And from this

 

To this

 

And this is my favorite technique. We had to find an imaginary animal in the painting and paint the negative space around him. Below is Tracy's version (that I now own!)

 

And this is my work in progress...

 

And here is Tracy teaching

 

And I had to get a photo with her of course!

 

If you ever get the opportunity to take a class with Tracy I highly recommend it. She's so warm and fun. I also recommend checking out Random Arts in Saluda, NC. It's a lovely art store with a mix of supplies and antiques and Jane Powell the owner hosts classes throughout the year (once the weather warms up again!).

 

 

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the experience. I was disappointed that she was teaching in Wimberly, Texas, just outside Austin, right after I was moving out of the area. Glad you had the chance to take her class. And, I love your painting with the dog. I'll have to give this a try myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so totally cool. I've read other amazing things about Tracy class on other art pals blogs and love her style. I'd say I think you are rockin it. So cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so fun! i love all of the bright colors!

    have a lovely weekend!

    -juliette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your pics, Lynda. I had a great time at Paint Mojo Texas. I am sure this will keep resonating with you for weeks. It has for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved your pics and glad you had a great time...just love your animal painting! I am going to take her workshop this weekend in St Pete Beach and can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynda, wow that looks like it was a fun class! I really like the look of the techniques you learned! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent! I attended Paint Mojo with Tracy in June. An awesome experience. I love your paintings. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great paintings! I absolutely love your dog(?) !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your dog!! Do more like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working on it, Wendy! I loved making this dog and he came out so cute!

      Delete
  10. Your work is lovely! Tracy's workshop was wonderful! I had such a good time and am almost finished with my pieces. Thanks for sharing your work. :)

    ReplyDelete