Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Welcome 2013!

This is going to be an interesting year. My son, Evan, is turning 5 this week. Five! When did this happen? It seems like yesterday I was begging him to want to be born (he was a week late). And now I have to register him for kindergarten this month. I just can't believe it.

Christmas was loads of fun here as well. The kids met Santa for the first time and he was very good to them Christmas morning. Check out the haul! I have no idea why Evan looks bored. He probably wants more!

I also got some art supplies for Christmas. I've spent this vacation playing a bit with Derwent Artbars. They are similar to Caran D'ache Neocolor II as they are water soluble wax crayons. The main difference is their shape. They are triangle sticks that enable you to make interesting marks. They also lay down thicker than the Neocolors. Here is a sampling of my playtime in my art journal.

 

 

I love the texture I get from these. I also received some Bombay India Inks but haven't had a chance to play with those yet. Soon my precious inks, soon!

In my next post I'll share my "word" for 2013. This word is meant to represent the goals I hope to achieve for the New Year without it being a list of resolutions I will quit pursuing on January 5th. I am hoping 2013 will be a big year for my art. I don't know if it will be as monumental as starting kindergarten but I hope it's eventful!

 

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Lynda! Those children grow even faster than you think! I'm excited to see where your art goes in 2013 as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's my birthday this week too...so I wish Evan a lovely birthday from a fellow Capricorn : ) I'm loving what you are doing with these Derwent Artbars! C x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, guys! I so appreciate your support!

    ReplyDelete