Friday, May 11, 2012

How to Paint an Owl E-Course

Another course I have been taking recently is How to Paint an Owl by Juliette Crane. Juliette does wonderful mixed media paintings most of which are owls. She truly paints what she loves and developed an e-course about her passion. I love the depth of her paintings and she really breaks things down into easy steps you can follow but, you don't end up making a painting that looks exactly like Juliette's painting. At least mine don't seem to look a lot like hers.

Here are some work in progress paintings. I admit the owl on the far right looks more like "How to Paint a Penguin".

And this one is almost finished. For the moment I am calling it "Music of the Night".

I really enjoyed this course. There are lots of videos and a PDF at the end of the course for you to keep forever. Juliette's paintings all tell a story and this method fits right into my painting goals. She is also taking "Paint Your Story" and the work she is producing is amazing! Visit Juliette's blog to see her wonderful work. You can also take either of her e-courses. How to Paint an Owl is returning this July and How to Paint a Girl is coming up in a couple of weeks. And yes, I will likely be taking that one too.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment