Saturday, February 4, 2012

Acceptance



A few posts back I wrote about my "word" for the year; Create. This "word" is meant to be my focus for what I want for myself in 2012 instead of a typical New Year's Resolution. Well, I think I need to add another word; Acceptance. If I ever hope to Create on a regular basis I need to Accept the situation I am in.


I am a stay-at-home-mom with two young children. They are my primary responsibility. They have to come first. I admit that I get frustrated when I can't get to creating some days because of the kids or the housework or whatever. I am also envious of my artist friends who seem to have loads of time to create and open Etsy shops. Then the other day I realized this was crazy thinking. Every person has their own thing going on and maybe their life has loads of free time and maybe it doesn't. The only thing I know for sure is my life and I just have to accept where I am and figure out what I can do about it.



So, I'm going to choose to "Accept". I will have to figure out how to squeeze in the art. Perhaps create a schedule (which I am terrible at doing for myself) and line up some babysitters. I also have to figure out what work I can do around the kids. Usually they are all over me and my art supplies if I let them into my studio. I can't blame them. My art supplies are cool. This shall be a work in progress. I'm hoping the new e-course I will be taking, Bloom True: The E-Course, will enable me to create with my kids. I'll let you know how that works out. Until then, I'll cart around my sketchbook and doodle away. I just have to let my kids have a turn too.

Lynda




No comments:

Post a Comment